Why women choose breast reduction procedures
- Posted on: Sep 15 2020
The breast reduction procedure, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a surgery that is performed and results in better proportion of breast size when women are dealing with heavy breasts. The reduction procedure is performed to reduce the amount of breast tissue and fat present in the chest, and allow women to regain their self-confidence.
Why might a woman consider breast reduction?
There are many situations that can occur that lead women to speak to a plastic surgeon about breast reduction. Breast reduction procedures may be performed for the following reasons:
- A woman feels self-conscious about the attention her large breasts receive in social situations
- A woman is embarrassed at the size of her breasts, leading her to experience low levels of self-esteem
- A woman is unable to perform certain activities, such as exercising, because of the size of her breasts
- A woman finds it difficult to find clothing that fits her properly due to her breast size
- A woman finds it to be expensive to purchase special or custom bras to accommodate heavy breasts
- A woman is dealing with medical conditions caused by her breasts, including neck, shoulder, and back pain
What happens during breast reduction surgery?
During the reduction mammoplasty, Dr. Matthew J. Trovato will start by removing excess breast tissue from the breasts. Liposuction may be used to remove fat cells in and around the breasts, including areas where bra fat accumulates and causes unusual body contours. Excess skin is removed, and the nipple and areola may be repositioned if necessary to ensure a natural appearance. The doctor will perform the procedure in such a way that reduces the appearance of scarring on the body, ensuring the scarring from the procedure is discreet and not as noticeable.
Discuss breast reduction surgery with our doctor in Dallas, TX
Dr. Matthew J. Trovato and his team in Dallas, TX work directly with women to help them decide the best possible treatment for their body, including breast reduction. Call the office at (214) 827-2873 to request a consultation visit and get started learning more about ways to improve your appearance and quality of life!
Posted in: Breast Reduction